Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ms. MIA is back! Holler!

Dear Readers:

I know I have been MIA for the past few weeks, but I had a lot on my plate. But I am back, and I want to give Zee and Hero a big thanks for commenting on my blog in my absence; their comments were a sweet reminder of the blog that I had loved penning my thoughts in. Well, I have not been saving the world unfortunately in my absence, but I have been working hard to salvage a grade in an undergraduate class that is proving to be extremely challenging; so, I am diligently working towards attainment of that yet elusive grade “A” that I know I have both the inclination and the potential to earn. People who know me really well will attest to my ineptitude regarding science and lack of knowledge concerning ongoing technological advancements, and this class unfortunately has “study material” elements of both in large doses; I have been and am even presently learning in the class about nasceant fields such as biotechnology, nanotechnology, and other pertinent information about computing power, which is where the trouble stemmed from initially. But even the matter of dealing with difficult and convoluted material would have been fine had I done well on the midterm exam, which I failed to do (although I did not fail the exam and garnered an average grade); this incident upset my goal on the onset of breezing through the course through quick perusals of the material. But I am confident that with whispered prayers to God from my well-wishers (family, friends, and maybe even the readers of this blog), I will be able to excel in this class like I wish to. Hey, a little hope never hurts anyone, right? (Wistful.) Anyhow, I will post the day after tomorrow a post of substance; but for now, this is just a short update on the goings-on in my life.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed :)


P.S. I wish the best for all of you, and I want to thank you for your patience. Funny story: My birthday is on the 19th of this month, and I keep forgetting the date until my sister reminds me that I am now officially of marriageable age by the yesteryear’s desi standards and that my unknown, unlucky, donkey bridegroom awaits me. What, you ask? Yeah, I know… (Bemused sigh.) Don’t you just love annoying sisters? I am definitely going to find mine and pull her pigtails one of these days. Hehe. ;)

12 comments:

mezba said...

Good to see you back and posting.

Ek Umeed said...

Thanks, Mezba. It feels good to be back. (Smiles.)

Aisha said...

welcome back :)

*Dulce* said...

hey, i love the smiling eyes with the smile hehehe :)

Ek Umeed said...

You know, I have missed writing without having the whole business imposed on me by a professor's requirement of penning a paper or two. And I missed this, and you all; truly, I did. It feels great to be posting again.

Aisha: Aww, thanks. I like the warm and fuzzy feeling I am getting from the welcome. It does feel good to be back! And look for a comment coming on your blog from me soon. :)

Fairydust: I always knew I adored you for a reason; you always manage to bring a big, happy smile to my face. Me "likey" the effect (laughs.) :)

*Dulce* said...

lol, and you know how to make a person feel special! :)

Ek Umeed said...

Haha. (Pouts.) Very funny, Hero (rolls eyes). (Bursts out laughing). Hero... (Clears throat but giggles escape.) Hero, nice one; I always reserve my prayers for those that make me smile and laugh. You have managed to do both, all in the space of a few minutes. :) I shall say a nice little prayer for you--God give you a long, happy life. There. And hmm, Hero, for me, there is no "be right back" message. (Laughs again.)

Anonymous said...

Salams
Mashallah a very nice blog you have, keep up the good work. Please take a look at my blog and link it up here if you think it of benefit

zee said...

WELL ITS ABOUT TIME!!

HAPPY BDAY FOR THE 19TH...so EU...time to find a guy now ;)

Rajavel said...

good to see you back ! All the best for your grades.

*Dulce* said...

she appears and then she disappears much like an angel and we are, then again, left to wonder where she might be
:)

Unknown said...

Excellent topic

Some of my friend on www.RentAFriend.com
told me about this.

I think this is best!